- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carrot, scraped and finely grated
- 1/4 cup Italian-style seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a combine bowl, combine tuna, eggs, carrot, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley and cayenne; shape and mixture into four patties.
- in a big skillet, heat with olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté tuna patties for four to five minutes give them on each side; turn carefully as they easily fall apart.
- Serve on hamburger buns (really nice if toasted) with your choice of condiments; I recommend lettuce leaves and mayonnaise.